PeaceHealth is seeking a Administrative Specialist Lead - Nursing Admin for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Responsible for providing diverse administrative assistance and support in a variety of clinical, planning, organizing, coordinating and communication as defined within the scope of the role. May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants, may also have receptionist responsibilities.
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
- Receives little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Applies knowledge and independent judgment to complete a wide range of assignments and resolve problems.
- Provides guidance and training to other staff.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Applies knowledge of programmatic and administrative requirements.
- Frequent contacts include internal and external customers to gather information or provide information.
- Facilitates workflow for accurate completion of assignment/projects in accordance with work expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible applicable experience in a professional office required.
- Medical office experience preferred.
- Clinical Roles: Current license/registration/certification as required by State to practice.
- Proficient in Windows based PC applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Patient Access Center - Serves as day-to-day functional lead, including:
- Time keeping for Admin Clinic Support, Patient Access Center and FO/PAR team
- Daily coordination of centralized patient call management and scheduling for the AFM Division including call center, weekday, evening and Saturday clinics
- Coordinates with New Patient Coordinators to assure patient onboarding aligns with contracted insurance plan requirements
- Coordinates and tracks Health Plan/Insurance requirements for medial home and other contracted services
- Organizes and coordinates management of insurance tasks by health plan – e.g., administration of Patient Assistant Forms
- Revenue Cycle coordination and problem-solving
- Central coordination of the Patient Assistance Program
- Epic super user for Patient Access Center
- Works under supervision of Adult and Family Medicine director or designee.
- Certified Medical Office Assistant qualification strongly preferred to enable EPIC access (via medical assistant security profile) for administration of health plan Patient Assessment Forms and coordination of Patient Assistance Program which assists needy patients with identifying community and corporate resources to get medications.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.