PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Acts as a Clinical Education generalist or may be assigned to a specific unit(s)/department. Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the network and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement nursing, nursing support and inter-professional orientation, in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Facilitates professional growth, skill development, competency and attainment of standards of care for direct care within patient care services, PHMG and or Ambulatory care Services. Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing, professional practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
- Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
- Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
- Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
- Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
- Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps.
- Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those requiring remediation to meet competency expectations.
- Researches best practice to promote evidence-based practice.
- Assesses caregiver engagement, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness to achieve clinical excellence.
- Ensures training and competency are documented using standard tools and learning management systems (LMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- MSN or M.Ed. preferred.
- Nursing specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RN.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in an education or in an equivalent Preceptor role setting to varied audiences.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
- Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- ACLS required at date of hire
- CCRN preferred
NICU and Women’s Service Educator:
- NRP required at date of hire
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.