PeaceHealth is seeking a Registered Nurse for a Full Time position on the Medical unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. **$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!** This is a.9 FTE position working three 12-hour Night shifts each week in our 32-bed nursing unit. We offer :
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33, more depending on experience, BSN/MSN degree, and specialty nursing certification.
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package that include three medical plan options to select from, dental, vision, a retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, great Paid Time Off Accrual rates, tuition reimbursement, CE, and much more!
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system on the Magnet Journey
- A Community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
Located just 45 minutes North of Portland, Oregon, PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center providing services to Cowlitz County and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area is a family friendly community of 60,000 that provides a quality lifestyle with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of Portland.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred
- One year of experience as a registered nurse or new graduate selected for the nurse residency program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
LONGVIEW – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.