PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Technician II for a Part Time, 0.30 FTE, Night position.
Hourly compensation is $20.65 - $31.48, hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care. Utilizes the skills and knowledge equivalent to a fourth quarter nursing student. Performs procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and commensurate with verified skill and education level.
- Provides patient care in a safe and timely manner. Works with the assigned RN/supervisor to receive assignments and resolve issues.
- Assists in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the Nurse Tech and level of skill and education.
- Performs basic technical skills, including CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments and medications as directed by a nurse.
- Assists patient with personal care which may include bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provides patient with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Addresses age-specific needs of individual patients.
- Gathers information about patients and documents in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
- Ensures department safety and maintenance in a manner consistent with the hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Enrolled in accredited school of nursing and has completed three quarters or second semester of nursing school.
- Must be enrolled in accredited school of nursing and satisfactorily meeting competency standards.
- Meet the state’s requirement for Nurse Tech.
- State of Washington Nursing Technician Registered
- BLS Required.
- Excellent multidisciplinary communication skills required. Must maintain good standing with school and provide pre-hire validation of skills.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.