PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician - Transitional Care for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.37, more depending on experience.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability, and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations. May perform receiving and stores clerk functions.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
- Answer telephones when appropriate and with in legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
- Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
- Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
- Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
- Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
- Data enters patient charges and credits.
- Check in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. (See section below for varied requirements by state.
- Preferred: Experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems.
- Retail pharmacy experience considered
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Graduation from, or completion of, a Pharmacy Commission-approved technician training program.
- For initial licensure, must show proof of passing a board-approved national standardized Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.
- Currently licensed as a Pharmacy Technician by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections, and directions from the pharmacists
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.