PeaceHealth is seeking a CFO Oregon for a Full Time, Day position.
Accountable for Finance department’s operational and financial performance. Participates in the development and is responsible for carrying out short and long range goals, objectives, plans and policies as established by the EVP of Finance and PeaceHealth’s Board of Directors. Evaluates and provides guidance to assure operational performance is consistent with lean concepts and delivers high value. Serves as a member of Executive Team and the system-wide CFO counterpart team. Through participation in the development of and conformance with system-wide financial policies, serves as a leader and is responsible for assuring that all areas of financial management are organized and delivered within a context of continuous pursuit of excellence. Responsible for ensuring financial performance standards and strategies are in alignment with the system-wide financial standards and strategies. Leads through a combination of direct reporting with finance staff and matrix relationships with key system and community leadership.
- Oversees all aspects of financial management, including but not limited to, compliance with PeaceHealth financial policies and Medicare, Medicaid and other regulatory parameters affecting the financial operations. Oversees the ongoing development of the appropriate level of financial internal controls throughout assigned areas.
- Advises the leadership and key stakeholders on financial matters for assigned areas; promoting clarity of understanding regarding financial issues, effective operational decision making and ensuring an understanding of financial ramifications of decisions. Includes regular reporting of financial results and analysis of outcomes to standards/budget.
- Coordinates the annual financial and capital planning process and their quarterly updates, assuring proper coordination with the corporate financial and capital planning processes. Coordinates and integrates the financial planning process with the strategic planning process.
- Completes an operational and capital plan that enhances and/or maintains an overall financial position, including an annual budget for the operating units and long-range financial forecasts aligned with the strategic plans and priorities. Collaborates with clinical and operational leadership to establish performance standards and regularly reports and evaluates performance to the standards.
- Provides ongoing financial analysis and variation analysis for all levels of the organization that will assist management in enhancing operations. Includes the development of annual operational improvement plans to insure financial target are met. It also includes providing customized financial analyses on new operational projects, business plans and/or issues to assist operational decisions.
- Supports the design of the financial, statistical and database information systems in coordination with the System Finance Department and CFO Counterpart Team to facilitate reporting, budgeting, financial and cash forecasting and pricing throughout the system.
- Works with the system contracting team and ensures: timely and useful information that informs decision-makers about the prospective payor contracts.
- Analyzes and assures services are priced appropriately to deliver budgeted revenues and manages all pricing changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree required in a related field or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job with agreement to obtain within 3 years of data of hire is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in a healthcare financial management and accounting setting and/or with a major accounting firm with good exposure to third party reimbursement and managed care is required
- Must possess thorough knowledge and extensive experience in accounting theory and practice financial management.
- Current knowledge and anticipatory knowledge of upcoming compliance and financial reporting changes relevant to not-for profit, faith based health care.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting financial/business due diligence to support complex business models.
- Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Ability to work within matrix reporting relationships.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proven ability to conceptualize issues and develop strategic initiatives and solutions.
- Must have strong decision-making skills
- Must be able to champion critical importance of constantly striving to exceed customer expectations and improving the cost, quality and accessibility of health care services.
- Advanced skills utilizing finance and accounting software.
- Strong change management skills with the ability to lead and implement change.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.