PeaceHealth is seeking a Administrative Assistant for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position to provide administrative support for one or more manager/director. Responsible for facilitating the efficient and smooth operation of the department in accordance with approved regulatory, quality and department standards. Utilizes communication, software, and research skills to support the organization and leaders. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Provides daily administrative support to the leaders of the department. Duties may include: fielding telephone calls; calendaring; receiving and directing visitors; word processing; filing; faxing; program and project support.
- Facilitates workflow for accurate and successful completion of assignments/projects by using Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams),
- Reviews and replies to all communications to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and professionalism, as guided by the leaders.
- Coordinates appointment calendars, coordinates meetings, reviews mail and responds as appropriate.
- Coordinates various departmental events/activities, which may include dinners, retreats, and meetings, purchasing and requisitioning.
- As a member of the department support team, participates in team meetings, takes minutes, and shares responsibilities as appropriate.
- May be required to perform front desk duties, as assigned by leader.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Formal business, secretarial or office administration training preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible secretarial experience in a professional office.
- Extensive software skills are required.
- Notary Public licensure preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams)
- Visio preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Collaborative team environment
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.