PeaceHealth is seeking a Assistant Nurse Manager for a full-time position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. This position will provide managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager for the 18-bed Intensive Care Unit and the Nursing Float Pool. In this 1.0 FTE exempt position you will work four 10-hour shifts each week, a mid/evening shift.
We offer :
- Annual salary range starts at $105,000, more depending upon RN and leadership experience.
- Excellent Benefits Package with generous PTO accrual rates.
- Relocation Assistance
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
- A mission driven healthcare system on the Magnet Journey.
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center, that provides services to Cowlitz county and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe, and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools, and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management, and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling, and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish, and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required or actively enrolled in a program with a targeted graduation date w/in 2 years of date of hire.
- Minimum of 3 years ICU RN experience.
- Two years of leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
- WA State RN licensure
- AHA Provider BLS and ACLS required at date of hire.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.