PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.39, more depending on experience.
$10,000 Sign on Bonus Offered
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ADN or BSN from an accredited nursing school required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current or one year of recent ED experience (within the past 5 years) required.
- Successful completion of the SHMC ED training program required OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire.
- ED experience in like sized and like-census ED; Trauma Level 2 or greater; experience at a Magnet or Academic Hospital; experience with shared governance model; hospital accredited and certified by DNV or TJC preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- BLS and ACLS at date of hire
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- Specialty emergency certification preferred; certification endorsed by ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) preferred
- Membership to ENA preferred
- SANE certification preferred
- TCAR or PCAR obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend:
- ED - Care of patient requiring reversal of anticoagulants, administration and monitoring of tPA seizure management and emergent EVD. Management of blood pressure abnomalities with parenteral vasoactive agents.
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.