PeaceHealth is seeking a Quality Facilitator Sr for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible to lead quality improvement initiatives within their assigned community. Responsible to Collaborate with Quality counterparts across PeaceHealth to focus on producing improvements which lead to excellent patient care, experience and outcomes using standardized tools. Responsible for seamless improvement across PeaceHealth Medical Group and local hospital. Leads and facilitates a diverse group of caregivers to successfully plan and execute clinical improvement projects/programs ensuring alignment with Quality and Patient Safety Plan. Responsible to apply clinical or engineering knowledge of process flows, healthcare practices and needs in work to drive transformational outcomes. Partners with Process Design staff to reduce duplication. Educates local community in quality improvement precepts.
Details of the position:
- Supports broad Quality Management System. Including skill at internal auditing, observation of process, process mapping, development of credible effective preventive and corrective action plans.
- Leads and supports clinical quality programs and goals by setting tactical plans with key stakeholders, design the interventions and process change with cross facility, clinically integrated networks of care.
- Research, monitor, and assess applicability of new improvement methods and techniques. Leads/facilitates/participates in quality teams and committees as assigned, serves as knowledge, quality, process and clinical expert.
- Provide leadership in adaptation and adoption of methods that enable the organization to accelerate improvement.
- Regularly reports to executive, leadership and oversight teams on program status and initiative progress. Successfully manages the scope of projects, goals, resource needs and successful execution.
- Uses standardized improvement methodologies across system and networks. Deliberately uses common techniques and language in improvement methodologies. Educates system and community leaders in these standards to enable clarity of understanding and communication. Educates leaders on process design and improvement, and clinical quality improvement, strategies. Provides educational support in order to develop, mentor, and coach others in use of improvement methodology. Completes project management including tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate information pulled from data sources and educate leadership and staff in the interpretation of information.
- Applies knowledge and experience in evaluating processes against benchmark data, regulatory compliance, and patient safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree or advanced training is preferred.
- Minimum five years related experience in a healthcare setting; preferably hospital or health system related.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic statistical analysis tools
- Broad knowledge of quality improvement tools and practices including but not limited to lean, process improvement.
- Excellent skill in managing complex programs and projects, specifically with a focus on quality improvement activities, and demonstrated successful completion of quality improvement projects with desired outcomes.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained clinical area as required by the State (only if they are clinical does this apply).
- CPHQ required within 36 months of hire
- Facilitation or project management certification is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Conflict management and group facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio required and competency with other project management software is required.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Serves as an informatics experts and central point of contact for coordinating workflows and documentation specifications that pertain to quality initiatives, clinical registries, & required quality reporting to external agencies: designs, develops, and supports implementation of reliable documentation to maximize the electronic abstraction of data from the EMR.
- CV Service Line: May be deployed in various networks and communities depending on the needs of the service line.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Beth, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.