PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.80, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1000.00
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. May register patients using varying methods depending upon location, which may include mobile cart.
- Collects patient balances, co-payment, co-insurance, or other payment types.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG and Outpatient Clinics:
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
St. Joseph Medical Center, Peace Island Medical Center, United General Medical Center, Ketchikan Medical Center, Cottage Grove Medical Center and Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- Management of ED incoming phone calls, and may be required to provide switchboard coverage.
- Monitor OB Prosec/McKinley alarm system.
- May be required to assist with Cardiac Rehab departmental charge entry.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.