***Sign On Bonus $5,000***
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic - Foot Care for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation starts at $37.73, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards, primarily performing foot care, wound triage/care, and conservative nail and callus debridement for patients who are diabetic or have other qualifying medical conditions. Must be comfortable working autonomously while following established protocols in a fast-paced environment. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
- Performing basic foot care procedures, such as cleaning the feet, clipping nails, and removing calluses.
- Conducting foot exams to assess the condition of the patient’s feet—including checking for signs of infection and taking measurements
- Providing education about how to prevent problems related to the feet, including how to avoid infection and trauma and how to properly fit shoes.
- Teaching patients who have diabetes how to monitor their feet for signs of infection, sores, blisters, redness, or swelling.
- Instructing patients on proper care of their feet, including how to trim toenails and use moisturizers
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Prior experience in foot care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Foot Care Certification from Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Certification Board or obtain within four months of hire date.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Maureen, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.