PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Apprentice for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.80, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking applications for full time Medical Assistant Apprentices to begin our next cohort in January 2023.
This is a limited duration training position lasting approximately 12 months. Upon completion, Medical Assistant Apprentices become nationally certified and transition into Medical Assistant roles at PeaceHealth (2-year employment commitment required).
Participate in on-the-job training learning to perform duties of Medical Assistant. Under direct supervision, learn to assist health care professionals in the delivery of direct patient care in an ambulatory patient care setting. Must be enrolled in Medical Assistant Training Program.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be eligible for the program, candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Age: must be age 18 years or older to participate
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Physical: must be able to perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- English and Math Competency: previous course completion in College Math 087/091 and English 098 or higher, or complete a college placement examination upon hire. Score on college placement examination must be at College Math 087/091 and English 098 or higher to be eligible for the apprenticeship program.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- A commitment to growth and learning
- Customer service orientation
- Strong skills in teamwork and communication
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
- Must obtain the following National Certification within 12 months of hire:
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Washington: Must obtain WA MA state license after completion of program and certification
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.