PeaceHealth is seeking a Histotechnician - Pathology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.71, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Performs tissue processing, embedding, sectioning and preparing special stains. Assures quality standards for preparation, processing and evaluation of specimens for diagnosis by the Pathologist.
- Processes specimens to include: performing embedding techniques for surgical and autopsy specimens; performing routine and special stains for diagnostic interpretation.
- Performs microtomy techniques to produce high-quality tissue sections for diagnostic interpretation. Prepares reagents utilized to aid diagnostic interpretation.
- Files paraffin blocks and slides for efficient retrieval.
- Performs data entry, lookup and retrieval of information.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain maximum operating efficiency. Maintains records and documentation required to manage the daily workflow and providing quality control/assurance monitors.
- May perform CAP (College of American Pathologists) compliance duties to include: periodic record reviews; equipment and test validation; development and maintenance of policy, procedure and guidance documents; proficiency testing and competency management; CAP inspection preparation, assessment and follow up; and technical and procedural advisement and referral.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in relevant field of study.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience.
- Certified as a Histotechnician by ASCP preferred.
- Working knowledge of tissue collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.