PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic Triage Remote - Orthopedics for a Temporary, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.02, more depending on experience. This position is anticipated to last 12 weeks in duration and is not eligible for benefits. This position supports Surgical Clearance for the department.
Remote: Must reside in Oregon, Washington, or Alaska.
Provides professional nursing care to patients over the phone or via EMR in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, following approved triage algorithms, counseling patients, scheduling patients, and providing patient education,
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Attend virtual meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of one year RN Clinic experience.
- Nurse triage experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of telephone triage to assess appropriate clinical pathway for patients and ability to document in EMR.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to work from home in a secure environment free of distractions.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- EPIC EMR experience required
- Effective prioritization skills
- Ability to work in an independent and remote environment
- Knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO & HCFA regulations pertaining to ambulatory care
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.