PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA1 Protective Care Staff for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.14, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
****$2,500 sign-on bonus****
Participates with the nursing care team in providing quality, compassionate patient care.
- Providing one-on-one protective care to patients who are confused and who are at risk of harming themselves or others.
- Working collaboratively with staff nurses and charge nurses to ensure delivery of exceptional patient care within the scope of the CNA I certification.
- May provide transport support to various departments at both campuses. This includes the orderly/transport team at RiverBend.
- Working with staff and charge nurses to meet patient satisfaction targets and unit standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Program
- One year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA1) certificate in the state of Oregon required. Proof of current BLS (Basic Life Support) required within 4 months of hire.
- Successful completion of a hospital approved training program designed to deal with patients who are acting out in a violent manner within 4 months of hire.
- Demonstrates a caring, respectful, and compassionate attitude towards all people.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth.
- Takes initiative to meet the challenges within the environment.
- Oriented toward solutions through collaboration.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.