PeaceHealth is seeking RNs with pediatric experience for our Pediatric Float Pool at Southwest Medical Center. Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located in Vancouver, Washington.
As a Pediatric Resource Team Nurse you'll provide care for our pediatric patients in our acute care pediatric unit, as well as cross-train and float to mom-baby and level I NICU.
- Part-time and full-time Night shift positions available
- 6 FTE .75FTE, or .9 FTE
- $3.50/hr Resource Team Pay
- $6.25 night shift differential
- Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time and Part-time positions
- Starting hourly pay is $42.59, more depending upon experience, as well as additional pay for BSN, MSN, and Specialty nursing certification
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Vancouver and surrounding communities:
- Vancouver is a lively city with over 160,000 residents, located just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.
- A thriving innovative waterfront with restaurants, wine tasting, tap houses, and a 5 mile scenic trail.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, the Columbia River Gorge, and endless recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Ocean, and 160 miles to Seattle.
- No Washington State income tax.
For additional information, please contact Lisa Wishard at [email protected], or 360.414.2186.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Minimum 1 year of pediatric care experience in an acute care, pediatric emergency room or pediatric long term care experience required.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.