PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician II for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.62, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays, and packs.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new caregivers as directed by the Sterile Processing Tech III, Sterile Processing Tech Lead or Supervisor Sterile Processing.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment, and instruments for surgical cases.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and Re-stocking inventory.
- Collaborates with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets, and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in maintaining consistent and continuous workflow, providing superior customer service.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year experience in sterile processing required.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course preferred.
- Certification from IAHCSMM as a Certified Registered Central Service Tech (CRCST), or certification from CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT) required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Increased knowledge and understanding of Sterile Processing procedures.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.