PeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service Attendant I for a Per Diem/Relief FTE, position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Are you looking for a career change or ready to work for a great nonprofit? PeaceHealth is looking for individuals who are positive, energetic, and want to be part of a great team. If this describes you, Environmental Services is looking for an Attendant I (House Cleaners). In this position, you will be trained on the updated Covid cleaning standards in sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in an assigned work area.
- Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience preferred
- Experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SHMC – Riverbend Operating Room:
- Project cleaning, such as defrosting and cleaning refrigerators, surgical cart and furniture cleaning.
- Operating Room Turnover, - will coordinate and document room turnovers to ensure they are cleaned and disinfected between surgical cases.
- Stocking and maintaining turnover supplies
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.