PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for a part-time position on our inpatient psychiatric unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .6 FTE role you will work three 8-hour evening shifts each week providing care for our patients in our 22-bed inpatient psychiatric unit. We offer you;
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33, more depending upon experience plus additional pay for BSN, MSN, and specialty nursing certification
- $2.50/hr evening shift differential
- Relocation assistance is available
- Eligible for our comprehensive benefits package that include three medical plan options, dental, vision, a retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, great Paid Time Off Accrual rates, tuition reimbursement, CE, wellness program, and much more!
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.