PeaceHealth is seeking an RN for a full-time day shift position on the Medical unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .9 FTE role you will work three 12-hour Day shifts each week in our 32 bed unit. St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center that is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission-driven healthcare system in the Pacific NW.
We offer you :
- A Hiring Bonus & relocation assistance
- Hourly compensation starting at $41.33, more depending on experience, plus additional pay for BSN/MSN, DNP, and specialty nursing certification pay
- Comprehensive benefits package that include three medical plan options, dental, vision, a retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, great Paid Time Off accrual rates, tuition reimbursement, CE, a wellness and employee assistance program, and much more!
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
For additional information, please reach out to Lisa at [email protected] or 360.414.2186.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred
- One year of experience as a registered nurse required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.