PeaceHealth is seeking a Unit Coordinator - Anesthesia Pre-op for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.14, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides a variety of unit support functions that contribute to the overall efficient operations of the patient care unit. This position is responsible for preparing, compiling, and maintaining patient and operational records in the unit. Performs general secretarial and clerical duties. Acts as a liaison between patient, visitors, and caregivers to facilitate communication and resolution of concerns.
- Perform a variety of support work for the unit including but not limited to: coordinating all paperwork and records, pre-admission, receiving admitted patients; initiating patient files; taking action on physician orders; process discharges orders, transfers and expirations; prepare hospital statistical records. May process daily charges and charge corrections. May update staffing and communication board. May assist with care coordination such as chaplain service, scheduling diagnostic orders, creating charts and writing thank you notes.
- Maintain and order unit supplies and equipment. Re-stock items as needed.
- Manage multiple phone calls and threads of communication. Answer and/or direct inquiries for caregivers and visitors. May call caregivers in from On-Call.
- Provide clerical support for transcription and medical records maintenance.
- May orient patients and visitors to room, unit and hospital environment, assist with comfort items in collaboration with other health team members and escalating identified needs to other team members as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medical terminology and completion of unit secretary/ward clerk course preferred.
- Post-secondary degree in hospitality management is preferred.
- Minimum of six months of clerical and/or secretarial experience preferred.
- Experience in a medical related environment or completed course for unit secretaries strongly preferred.
- Computerized health records software experience preferred.
- Certified Administrative Professional is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills, including being proficient in keyboarding and comfortable using MS Office applications.
- Skills in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and math
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced environment essential
SOUTHWEST – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.