Emergency Department Technician; Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.00.
Join a cohesive team that feels like family, where flexibility is your strength and professional development is supported!
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
- May be required to float to the Operating room and/or Medical/Surgical/ICU department.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, Medical Assistant program or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) program.
- Requires either Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the state of Washington or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at time of hire.
- Minimum of one year work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.