PeaceHealth is a mission driven, non-profit, healthcare system that has been providing exceptional medicine and compassionate care for more than a century. In Longview, Washington, PeaceHealth operates St. John Medical Center a 150-bed acute care hospital with a level III trauma center, and a multi-specialty medical group.
Consider a full-time Night shift RN position in our Surgical Specialty units. In this .9 FTE role you will work three 12-hour Night shifts each week providing care to our patients recovering from orthopedic and general surgeries.
- Hourly compensation is $37.70 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience, and terms of St. John WSNA Collective Bargaining Agreement, sjmc wsna contract
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN, and specialty nursing certification.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes three medical plan options, dental, vision, a retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, great Paid Time Off Accrual rates, tuition reimbursement, CE, a wellness program, and much more!
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- A Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Washington State RN license required at date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Benefits: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.