PeaceHealth is seeking a Registered Nurse for a Day shift position on our inpatient Surgical units at St. John Medical Center. This is a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day shift position working three 12 hour shifts each week, providing post surgery care to orthopedic and general surgery patients.
We offer you:
- A Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33, more depending on experience, plus additional pay for BSN, MSN, and specialty certifications
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture.
PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center providing services to Cowlitz County and surrounding communities. The area’s sole community hospital and a Level III trauma center, and our multi-specialty Medical Group, provides dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
About our location:
- Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon and 2 hours South of Seattle
- Longview and sister city Kelso, offer the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and family-orientated community of 60,000
- Endless outdoor recreational opportunities with 6 rivers in Cowlitz County and close proximity to the Pacific Ocean and Mountains
- Home of beautiful Lake Sacajawea, the jewel of Longview
For questions or additional information, please reach out to Lisa Wishard at [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Details of the position:
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing and a WA State RN license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire, ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.