PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Night position.
Hourly compensation is $20.14 - $39.71; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Responsible to practice in a professional manner and enforcing the standards of quality assurance, infection control, DNV and other regulatory agencies.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Provides in-services for new instrumentation.
- Assists and participates in process improvement initiatives, responsible for documenting, monitoring and maintaining accurate records demonstrating high level disinfection and sterilization in accordance with current professional and regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets, and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in maintaining consistent and continuous work flow, providing superior customer service.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a Sterile Processing setting required, with experience in all surgical specialities. Completion of a National Central Service Technician course preferred
- Experience with Neuro, Ortho, and General Surgical instrumentation.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, as a Certified Registered Central Service Tech (CRCST), or certification from CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT) or other nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Certification from IAHSCMM as a Certified Insturmentation Specialist (CIS) required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Familiarity and experience in the following areas:
- Understanding/knowledge of workflow principles and infection control.
- Application of sterilization principles and operate steam sterilizers.
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation including surgical specialties.
- Knowledge of patient care equipment and its use.
ST JOESPH’S PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.