PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Mission Services for a Full Time, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Hourly compensation is $52.23 - $78.35; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience.
Provides counsel and leadership to enliven the mission, ministry and core values of PeaceHealth. Ensures the integration of mission, theology, ethics, Catholic Social Teaching, spirituality and community ministry by providing strategic direction, guidance and operational expertise to ensure that PeaceHealth is faithful to its purpose. Works collaboratively with key stakeholders; acts both as a part of the network executive leadership and as a member of the System Mission Services team to sustain and grow the ministry of PeaceHealth. Models, directs, controls and is accountable for facilitating mission integration, formation, clinical, organizational, and social ethics, spirituality & spiritual care, church and community ministries at a network level. Develops long and short-term mission/business strategies and operational plans, overseeing effective implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues. Responsible for human resources, budget, quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Facilitates understanding, interpretation and application of Catholic identity and traditions, PeaceHealth’s values and charism, culture, spirituality and ethics through effective education and enculturation of caregivers, leaders, providers & associated contractors/partners.
- Provides oversight and staffing of network Mission Services team and hospital ethics committees.
- Fosters disciplined decision-making processes and structures to promote our mission, vision, values and Catholic identity in clinical and organizational realms. Participates in executive and interdisciplinary clinical rounds, oversees clinical ethics consults and creates effective connections across the care delivery system. Works collaboratively with ethics counterpart group and local ethicists to share research, analyses and counsel with PH leaders working through organizational and clinical ethical issues to effect appropriate outcomes.
- Collaborates with leadership and key stakeholders to identify and address mission integration, spiritual care, clinical and organizational ethics issues, formation and community ministry opportunities within the network. Facilitates policy development/review for mission, spiritual care and ethics issues and facilitates strategic dialogue with key stakeholders.
- Promotes dialogue between ministry leaders and local Ordinaries (diocesan bishops) to strengthen our relationship with the church and our identity as one of its healing ministries. Coordinates communications with local faith communities and collaborates with Mission Services leadership in identifying and responding to Catholic identity issues.
- Champions and facilitates local Mission and Values Review process, formation experiences and mission integration opportunities and oversees the integration of action plans with overarching PeaceHealth and network plans.
- Works closely with the leadership and stakeholders to insure alignment of strategies and operations in a manner that demonstrates and furthers the lived experience of our mission and values.
- Develops, implements, and assesses system-wide strategies and standards for excellence with mission leadership.
- Champions and collaborates with leadership in the work focused on deepening culture integration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Degree in Mission, Theology, Ministry, health care ethics, bioethics, philosophical ethics (or equivalent degrees) with courses, experience or formation in the Catholic Tradition required; or combination of related educational preparation and/or experience to demonstrate equivalent expertise in Mission Integration, Formation, Ethics, Spiritual Care and Theology appropriate for a Catholic health care ministry.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.