PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Labor & Delivery (LDRP) for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.85, more depending on experience.
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available!
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year clinical experience as a staff nurse or will orient to the point of competency.
- Labor/Delivery/Post-Partum/Newborn nursing experience preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- State of Alaska RN License required at date of hire.
- BLS required at date of hire.
- ACLS required at date of hire or within 6 months.
- NRP required at date of hire or within 6 months.
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Course required within 6 months.
- STABLE certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.