PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook Lead - Food Nutrition Svcs for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $21.62 - $33.33; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met, and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers, and visitors.
This position leads others by regularly assigning, instructing and checking the work of department staff. Acts as a role model for team members and assists manager/supervisor in organizing and directing workflow. Assists manager/supervisor as needed with various activities.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
- Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
- Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Organize, calculate and produce food production.
- Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LEAD ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under general direction, uses established guidelines in the performance of delegating tasks and projects.
- Provide direction, reinforce standardization of recipes, recognizes and coordinates use of leftover products.
- Communicate with other cooks and supervisor to review day’s activities.
- Ensures manager is informed of activities affecting daily operations.
- Address schedule changes for absenteeism.
- Adjust labor according to census.
- Ensure completion of caregiver tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as cook in a hospital or full service kitchen preferred or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department.
- Culinary certificate preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Ability to work well with others
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Benefits Eligible Statement: Peace Health is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.