PeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.80, more depending on experience.
Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
This position is acts as a team lead for Environmental Service Attendants as well as responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area following established policies and procedures.
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing levels and coordinating daily operations of team on shift worked.
- Ensures that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds; defrosting and cleaning refrigerators.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping/environmental services attendant experience in hospital or healthcare setting required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual language skills preferred
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong customer service skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.