PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook Lead- Kitchen for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening position. Hourly compensation starts at$19.44, more depending on experience.
Are you interested in working with fresh food in a scratch kitchen? Do you have a passion for serving others and healing through food in the healthcare industry? PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center may be the place for you!
We have openings for a Lead Cook position. Hourly compensation is$19.44 - $33.33; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement. We offer generous paid time off, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, career development, advancement opportunities, and tuition reimbursement to support continuing education.
Details of the Position
- Provide direction, reinforce standardization of recipes, recognizes and coordinates use of leftover products.
- Ensures manager is informed of activities affecting daily operations.
- Ensure completion of caregiver tasks.
- Assist with patient food trays and service of Cafe customers
- Prepare hot and cold foods according to the recipe and follow production method for food styling
What You Bring
- Minimum of two years' experience as cook in a hospital or full-service kitchen preferred.
- Culinary degree or equivalent industry experience required
- Two years leadership experience required, including both culinary and service operations
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Top Reasons to work with Peace Health
- Great benefit package including excellent health benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Premium reduction program (may cover the cost of premiums for your entire household)
- PeaceHealth welcomes LGBTQ+ and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
For full details please reach out to[email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Benefits Eligible Statement: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.