PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Surgical Specialist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation is $45.30 - $71.12; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement. PHSW WSNA Union Contract
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
***Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available***
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Provide patient care by assessing, analyzing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patients following the nursing process and established standards. Participate as a member of the healthcare team by communicating and documenting pertinent patient information and providing patient and family teaching. Provide clinical oversight/expertise for assigned specialty.
- Coordinate surgical instrumentation and equipment to include distributing according to the OR schedule. Purchase/acquire special instrumentation and equipment. Provide input for the purchase of instruments and equipment for the capital budget. Coordinate with instrument representatives the care, use and completeness of specialty instrumentation and equipment. Coordinate education of staff regarding new instrumentation, equipment, procedures and changes in practice. Assist with troubleshooting equipment problems. Work closely with sterile processing to ensure appropriate instrumentation is available for all cases related to their specialty.
- Provide oversight to case assignment by overseeing the orientation of new employees into assigned specialty. Act as resource for staff and physicians regarding all issues related to assigned service line. Maintain preference lists.
- Responsible for initiation, accuracy and maintenance of surgeon resource maps within their specialty.
- Monitor and document patient care and act as a runner for specific additional requests/needs within the surgery suite. Scrub in on surgery cases as needed to provide continuity of patient care, increased patient safety and ability to teach/educate other surgery team members.
- Assess patient's physical, psychological, social, and cultural needs. Provide care appropriate to patient's age recognizing specific physical, safety, nutrition/elimination, motor/cognitive and psychosocial needs. Provide support and makes referrals.
- Perform effective communication and documentation by rounding with surgeons and core surgery team members to develop their specialty and implement changes as necessary. Communicate and document interventions, patient responses according to standards. Utilize recognized organizational communication standard. Keep abreast of and comply with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attending unit and assigned meetings.
- Perform duties and responsibilities outlined in Staff RN position description.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of current and verifiable full-time surgical experience (current defined as within past 6 months) in a RN role as a circulating and/or scrub RN. This position is for a specific business line that requires 5+ years experience in that specific area, i.e. with special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting (or may have equivalent education and/or experience).
- Required 2+ years progressive leadership experience (or may have equivalent education and/or experience).
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- Extensive operating room scrub and/or circulator experience.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and processing.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
SWMC PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.