PeaceHealth is seeking a MD Sys Svc Line Dir - Palliative Care for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for providing clinical leadership for the Palliative Care Service Line across the system and for planning, developing and directing patient care programs in alignment with quadruple aim objectives.
- Provides leadership for clinical excellence and care model redesign in the Palliative Care Service Line for PeaceHealth. Supports other Home & Community clinical and operational leaders in the three networks to oversee and influence all hospital departments and clinics associated with post -acute service delivery to achieve desired performance outcomes.
- Creates and monitors quality reporting structure for the Palliative Care Service Line; recommends changes to quality reporting infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired triple aim outcomes in collaboration with System Quality Dept., network medical directors, managers, nurses, directors, department chairs and medical staff. Ensures peer review process is active and high functioning in each network.
- Builds positive working relationships across service lines and health system with a focus on physician and clinician engagement inclusive of all clinical stakeholders.
- Works with Palliative Service Line clinical leaders to plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, strategic system alignment / shared objectives, etc.
- Supports network-based Palliative Service Line director and managers in delivering operational and / or business plans that promote care optimization and efficiency. Works with System Services (PHMG, Quality, AST) to develop and implement tracking systems that demonstrate efficiency.
- In collaboration with System Home & Community Advisory Council members; develops strategic and long-term transformation plans for the effective transition to new care models and expanded geographic networks that better meet the needs of patients and communities.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, patient safety, patient and provider experience. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, System leaders, department managers, staff and customers that lead to measurable improvement in patient care outcomes, efficiency, customer service, and provider and staff engagement.
- Ensures that national benchmarks in quality and patient safety for programs are achieved or exceeded.
- In collaboration with network service line director and operations council members; directs recruitment and evaluation of clinical personnel.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for providers in all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors, communicates, and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience practicing medicine in hospice, home health and palliative care
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in physician management.
- Hospice and Palliative Certified (preferred)
- Licensure as a physician in the state of practice.
- Federal DEA number.
- Medical staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges at a PeaceHealth medical center/clinic.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Excellent verbal, negotiation, and written communication skills, particularly with key stakeholder groups such as physicians, other clinicians, and quality improvement staff.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Experience managing both inpatient and outpatient physicians.
- Ability to lead diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to closely collaborate in a dyad relationship effectively leading a team in a closely-knit partnership.
This position will be an integral part of the System Behavioral Health Operations Council (System Behavioral Health leaders). Will be responsible for setting targets for all areas of responsibility and will be expected to work with and assist other System Behavioral Health leaders to get to good outcomes for the whole organization. Under the supervision of System leadership, will make decisions affecting strategy, implementation and management of resources and will problem solve operating issues involving medical staff, nursing and physician practices.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.