PeaceHealth is seeking an RN - Special Care Nursery for a 0.90 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $36.73- $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
In this Pediatric ICU Step Down unit, you'll be working on a collaborative team of professionals, with one goal in mind: To provide the best possible care to our patients and their families.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Hiring bonus and relocation may be available
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- At least one year of acute neonatal experience required.
- Demonstrated competence in are of expertise.
- Must meet all training requirements for specific department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- NRP required within 6 months of hire.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 34-65% of work time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
- PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.