This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45999
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
The Pediatric Surgery NP is a new role to support a dynamic team of three pediatric surgeons. Our NP is an outpatient based position, who will help with coordination of care, triage of patient needs, manage aspects of pre- and post-operative care, be responsible for care of pediatric tubes and lines, and will help serve as the bridge from inpatient care to outpatient recovery. Pediatric experience is required for this position. Expected schedule is 8-5 Mon-Fri, following clinic hours/holidays. Full time required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Collects and assesses medical histories
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic tests
· Surgically assists surgeons in minor clinic procedures
· Care coordination for select pediatric surgical patients in pre- and post-operative settings
· Consults for limited outpatient diagnoses
· Triage of incoming patient communications
· Results management
· Management of pediatric surgical tubes and lines
· Bowel management for pediatric surgical patients
· Participate in multidisciplinary teams
1. Within scope of practice, perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams and interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures to assist in formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan.
2. Order, collect and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies.
3. Provide needed procedures, including assisting minor procedures and continually assess patient’s needs and conduct appropriate follow up within scope of practice.Order, prescribe and dispense medication and durable goods as allowed by state and within scope of practice.
4. Maintain required records and writes progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures.
5. Counsel the patient as to preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed medications and treatments.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
· Must be Board Certified by the ANCC or AANP.
Guaranteed Hourly Rate: $63.23 - 77.48 based on years of provider experience
· Minimum of one year Nurse Practitioner experience preferred.
· Pediatric experience required
· Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as, Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for it’s culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.