*** Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available! ***
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington is seeking a CT Technologist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation is $37.11 - $60.43; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Schedule will be Sunday - Wednesday, 2030-0700.
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction, and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Advanced ARRT (CT) certification is required within one year of hire.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.
Relocating to Vancouver? Here are some reasons why you’ll love it:
- No Washington state income tax, and just across the river is Oregon, where you’ll enjoy sales-tax free shopping
- Relocation Assistance may be available
- Vancouver is known for its naturally beautiful scenery, abundant outdoor recreation, diverse cuisine, art walks, contemporary boutiques, and a vibrant farmers market.
- Vancouver is located just 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 160 miles to Seattle
- Excellent school districts
- Temperate climate allows for year-round outdoor fun
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.