At Peacehealth, it's our vision that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. As a RN Case Manager at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA, you’ll be part of a collaborative team working together to ensure our patients receive the services and support they need, from diagnosis to discharge. If your a Registered Nurse with acute care experience, consider joining us in a .8 FTE Evening shift position where you'll work four 8-hour shifts each week.
We offer you:
- Hourly compensation is $45.30 - $71.12; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, and specialty certification and evening shift differential
- Eligible for full benefits package, effective the first of the month following your start date.
- Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital that is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission driven healthcare system. Located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area, Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the patient’s care including the daily plan and the plan for the stay. Performs patient care review activities including monitoring and correcting patient status, documentation for medical necessity of admission and continued hospitalization and concurrent review. Educates patients and families about their hospital course and identifying patient’s discharge needs.
Details of Position:
- Provide initial and ongoing assessments of the patients’ needs for services in collaboration with the healthcare team. Monitor and evaluate utilization of those services to focus on the best treatment and approach for the patient promoting the timely progression of interventions, utilization of resources and expected outcomes within a length of stay consistent with external regulations and standards.
- Provide utilization management including facilitating appropriate status assignment per Medicare and InterQual criteria. Ensure appropriate documentation for medical necessity of admission and continued hospitalization. Ensure appropriate level of care bed assignment, apply/interpret payer criteria to ensure conformance with payer standards and provide insurance reviews. Implement opportunities to improve effectiveness in utilization.
- Provide transition planning coordination to include identifying needs and implementing referrals to other clinical care providers. Evaluate patient progress and revise the care plan if needed. Act as a resource for physician office, physician and staff regarding Intensity Severity Discharge (ISD) criteria. Identify barriers to achieving patients discharge and assist the care team in overcoming them.
- Provide patient/family education to facilitate an understanding of their hospital and post-hospital course, their status assignment and discharge appeal rights and provide advocacy for their care.
- Effectively communicate and provide clear and concise documentation according to department standards and regulatory requirements. Refer to appropriate internal and community resources as necessary.
- Act as care management resource by demonstrating critical thinking, portraying a professional image of competency to customer and staff and demonstrating effective verbal and written communication with everyone. Maintain knowledge of CMS, Medicaid, and regulatory agency standards, Department of Health (DOH), Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA). Serve as a clinical resource and/or liaison.
- Lead “progression of care” transition rounds, assigning cases to MSW/Discharge planner for intervention.
- For Emergency Department Case Manager role: coordinate alternative level transfers (SNF, ALF, ICF, home health), coordinate equipment and other discharge resources.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing and ability to successfully pass a clinical competency exam.
- 3+ years in a hospital setting with medical/surgical experience (or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- WA State RN Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of diseases, clinical procedures, treatment, prognosis and hospital functions.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Skill in the evaluation of quality and appropriateness of care.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of discharge planning, health care reimbursement, utilization review processes and Medicare admission status/classification level.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Benefits Eligible Statement: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.