PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Nurse Resident - Critical Care Resource Team for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation is $36.73 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Preferred: BSN with Critical Care Nursing Experience
- Minimum 1 year or more of continuous recent (within the last 3 years) medical or surgical intensive care experience.
- New graduate or experienced RN (or equivalent education and/or experience). If new grad, the RN will also be required to participate in the Nurse Residency Program.
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Trauma Core Curriculum (TNCC) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months of hire.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification preferred.
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.