PeaceHealth is seeking a Instructor to teach in person child birth education classes at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a Relief position that will work variable hours to teach classes as needed.
- Hourly compensation is $24.35 - $38.82; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of AFT Healthcare NW Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Eligible for 15% per diem differential in lieu of benefits.
Located In Vancouver, Washington, Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital that is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission driven healthcare system.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for coordinating and delivering education for those preparing for childbirth, under the direction of the department manager/director. Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process.
- Teaches identified courses for a defined population or in a specialized content area.
- Delivers specialized content to support individual, department and/or system goals.
- Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations.
- Creates measures of caregiver competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities.
- Evaluates, revises and documents improvements to current program. Submits and updates course documentation.
- Creates and tracks measures of training effectiveness.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training development, competency validation and documentation.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluate education effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, or field consistent with the program content (childbirth) being delivered; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Subject matter expertise or training.
- Two years of experience in a similar position.
- Prior experience facilitating or adult learning training desired.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage diverse groups while also managing time to complete learning goals and objectives.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as a variety of equipment or technology methodologies (as applicable to subject of instruction.)
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.