PeaceHealth is seeking a Diet Representative - Kitchen for a Part Time, 0.75 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for providing high quality meal service to patients in a safe & timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with department caregivers and leadership as well as patients, Clinical Dietitian, and nursing services.
- Ensure that food and meal items provided by the kitchen meet patient prescribed diet orders, food allergies/intolerances, and/or special dietary instructions or restrictions.
- Assist patients with menu selections in accordance with relevant dietary restrictions.
- Process all orders in approved diet software
- Approve special patient food requests based on diet order and standard work.
- Provide appropriate menus for patients to select from.
- May ensure patient pantries are stocked & inventory is charged.
- May review meal trays for accuracy & correct as needed
- Train new caregivers as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous food service experience preferred
- May require Food Handlers Card.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in mathematics
- Walking & standing for up to 80% of shift
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Ketchikan Medical Center and Southwest Medical Center:
- Food Handler’s card required.
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.