PeaceHealth is a mission driven, non-profit, healthcare system providing exceptional medicine and compassionate care for more than a century. In Longview, Washington, Peacehealth operates St. John Medical Center, a 150-bed acute care hospital with a level III trauma center, and a multi-specialty medical group.
Consider a Registered Nurse position in our med-surg nursing units at St. John Medical Center:
- Surgical - provide care to general surgery and orthopedic surgery patients in our 20 bed and 32 bed inpatient units.
- Telemetry - 32-bed inpatient unit where you will provide care for a broad scope of med-surg patients with an emphasis on those with a cardiac diagnosis.
- Float Pool - float to Medical, Surgical, Telemetry and cross- train and float to ICU. Eligible for additional $3/hr float pay.
We offer you:
Why you'll love Longview and the surrounding communities:
- Full-time positions working three 12-hour shifts each week
- Day shift and night shift positions available
- Additional compensation for BSN, MSN, DPN, and specialty certification.
- PeaceHealth Hourly compensation is $36.73 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience, and terms of St. John WSNA Collective Bargaining Agreement, sjmc wsna contract
- Comprehensive benefits package effective the first of the month following start date
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- A Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
- Located just 45 minutes north of Portland and 2 hours South of Seattle
- A variety of housing opportunities ~ live in town or in the country, all within 15-20 minutes of the St. John
- No traffic congestion and an easy commute to work
- Live in a family friendly community with urban amenities of Portland just 45 minutes away
- St. John sits next to beautiful Lake Sacajawea, the Jewel of Longview, with 4 miles of walking and biking paths, fishing, kayaking, and numerous playgrounds
- A Community College offering numerous Degree and Training Programs
- A variety of entertainment from the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Stageworks Northwest, Art Gallery, college sporting events and an amateur baseball team, breweries, wine tasting, and year around community events including concerts and movies at the Lake.
- Just an hour to the Pacific Ocean and 90 minutes to Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For additional information or questions, please contact Lisa at [email protected] or 360.414.2186.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- 1 year of RN experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Benefits: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.