***Hiring Incentive and Relocation Allowance May Be Available***
You chose to work in healthcare because you want a fulfilling career that will make a difference in others’ lives. If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in a mission-driven culture with a commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, choose PeaceHealth!
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center in Ketchikan, Alaska is seeking an Ultrasound Sonographer for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.49, more depending on experience. Enjoy 4-10 hr day shifts and no on-call obligation in beautiful Ketchikan, Alaska!
Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
- 25-bed critical access hospital serving southeastern Alaska
- Supportive and collaborative team environment between providers, nurses, techs and all of our talented team members
- Our Vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch.
Details of the position:
- Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required. May schedule and coordinate tests and prepare and maintain operational logs.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment and order necessary supplies.
- Prepares, supplies and equips exam rooms to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Uses independent judgment during exam to differentiate, within the scope of their licensure, between normal and pathological findings.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and licensure/registration/certification.
What you bring:
- Graduate of a 2-4 year accredited ultrasound program required.
- 3-5 years of strong OB ultrasound experience strongly preferred.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a “rolling triennium” basis.
- Must obtain ARDMS registration within one year of hire.
- Current certification/registration/licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) Provider certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
What we offer:
- Hourly compensation starts at $42.49, more depending on experience.
- Outstanding benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
- Very generous paid time off with no waiting period
- Cohesive team environment
- A spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice
Relocating to Ketchikan? Here are some reasons why you'll love it:
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Ketchikan is known for its stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and rich culture
- Friendly small-town that offers a leisurely lifestyle
- Excellent schools and a strong local economy
- Just an hour and a half flight from Seattle
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.