PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian I or Dietitian II - Nutrition Services Pediatric for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Day position.
Dietitian l - Hourly compensation starts at $27.06, more depending on experience.
Dietitian II - Hourly compensation starts at $29.76, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
Details of Position:
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including: nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines to provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team. Uses evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies and community resources.
- Actively contributes to Quality/Process Improvement measures within the department and throughout the hospital including planning, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree that meets Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) requirements
- Dietitian l- Successful completion of AND (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) approved internship / training program
- Dietitian ll- Minimum of three years of experience in a related setting as a Registered Dietitian
- Dietitian l- Registered Dietitian or Registration eligible ( must pass the Registration Exam within 90 days.)
- Current licensure/certification as required by State.
- Registered Dietitian Current Medicare provider status number may be required.
- Position may require valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults of varying competency levels
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional modules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all a variety of departments and to work independently on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Maureen, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.