PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacist for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $62.14, more depending on experience.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Reviews medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy including, but not limited to: contraindications, allergies, dose, route, frequency, duplicate therapy and formulary status.
- Interprets, clarifies, and rectifies physician medication and IV orders, including the medication reconciliation process.
- Interprets, clarifies, and rectifies prescriptions and selects medications for outpatient dispensing.
- Monitors all patients on specified target drugs and initiates pharmacokinetic dosing protocols.
- Evaluates drug therapy for appropriateness and makes drug therapy recommendations to clinician.
- Prescribes drug therapy per collaborative drug therapy management agreements/Medical Executive Committee approved protocols.
- Dispenses the final product for administration and performs patient counseling.
- Detect, monitor, and report adverse drug events and medication errors (EIR).
- Supervise and train pharmacy technicians to assure accurate order entry, preparation, and proper technique.
- Supervise and trains pharmacy interns and externs. May serve as preceptor for the intern or extern as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Participate in development of drug protocols and clinical pathways.
- Perform drug usage evaluations on selected drugs and reports results to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Completes quality assurance auditing as required for prescriptive authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS/PharmD degree required.
- Demonstrated basic pharmacy clinical skills.
- Demonstrated customer services skills.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacist license to practice pharmacy in the state in which caregiver will be working.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to think and act independently
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.