Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Night position (11:00pm-7:30am). Hourly compensation starts at $39.57, more depending on experience.
Performs a variety of general, mechanical, and preventative maintenance tasks as well as inspections, servicing repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the medical centers.
- Operates, troubleshoots, adjusts and performs complicated repairs and/or schedules and coordinates others on various types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Estimates parts and materials needs and develops purchase requisitions.
- Serves as a mentor and provides instruction and training to fellow caregivers on the safe and proper installation, operation and maintenance of various mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Five years of experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical and/or mechanical equipment and systems required.
- Post high school apprenticeship or other equivalent formalized training preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a maintenance environment preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Good computer, keyboarding and data entry skills required.
- Demonstrated ability in records and projects organization, quality control and successful time management.
- Ability to read and interpret complicated mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment. Requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.