PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Patient Placement Coordinator for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position to be responsible for coordinating all aspects of outgoing admissions to lower level of care. Acts as a liaison for referring care managers across Oregon Network and community providers. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Relocation assistance available**
CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Coordinates multiple processes to include connecting the referring entities with the appropriate service request and facilitates the conversation to coordinate care/referral/consultation or transfer within the Network.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inter and intra-hospital transfers, ED admissions and direct post-acute admits allowing for streamline, efficient patient flow, and throughput.
- Facilitates and coordinates communications between transferring and accepting post-acute providers and hospital personnel, and for consultation between physicians including between multiple disciplines (i.e., Nursing, Ancillary, physicians, patient/families/community member).
- Utilizes multi-line telephones, integrated transfer center software and web paging systems to facilitate conference call with referring entities/providers and PeaceHealth providers. Discharges to lower level of care in the community.
- Documents and maintains all appropriate transfer information, and communications, acceptance, and declination of community providers.
- Facilitates and coordinates all outpatient inpatient bed management for Network utilizing a comprehensive, integrated bed management software program.
- Interfaces with care managers, post-acute providers, house supervisors, staffing, management, and administration to assess bed openings, insurance authorization, required level of care to support efficient transitional care and facility capacities and capabilities including service line availability.
- Maintains the all-physician call schedules for Network.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of and responds to the state and federal laws/regulations to ensure compliance with EMTALA and regulatory standards which affect practice.
- Performs proactive review of medical documentation necessary for utilization review to determine referral to the appropriate level of care on direct or ED admits. Provides daily report to utilization review on medical documentation reviews.
- May facilitate communication with nursing units, mortuaries, medical examiner, next of kin, morgue, and spiritual care regarding in-house expirations. May maintain the hospital death log. May coordinate release of deceased with ancillary facilities (i.e., Lions Eye Bank and Community Tissue Bank).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment and demonstration of superior service excellence skills.
- Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft Office, CareConnect, InterQual applications and Epic.
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function as a team player and work with a wide variety of people.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and reports.
- Knowledge of hospital protocols including but not limited to discharge planning, interfacility transfers, operations, service lines, patient care policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of admission criteria for each level of care, payor contracting for transitional authorization and available community post-acute providers.
- Working knowledge of infection prevention, risk management and emergency preparedness.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.