PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN - Home Health for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $23.50 - $38.06, hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
DETAILS OF POSITION:
- Implements and evaluates patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
- Provides direct patient care in patient homes including administering medications and treatments as prescribed. Understands and applies knowledge in edema/lymphedema management, venipuncture, management of PICC lines, implanted ports, post-surgical drains, and pulmonary and abdominal drains.
- Provides focused systems and wound assessment. Reports acute medical problems and condition changes to the case manager and/or attending physician, as directed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in communicating effectively with individuals diagnosed with mental and behavioral disorders, and to operate efficiently in an independent home setting.
- Documents patient care in health record according to department standards.
- Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
- Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to patient homes.
- May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs. Teaches the patient and caregivers about disease management, in accordance with the plan of care.
WHAT YOU BRING (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS Office applications
- Must have cooperative working and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families, and staff.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to function independently.
- Proficient with IV’s
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.