PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Data Science for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $52.23 - $78.35; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience.
*This is a hybrid position. Candidate must live within driving distance of the Vancouver, WA facilities.*
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the oversight and management of all services and performance of the Data Science team. The Manager will facilitate the group towards becoming a high performing analytic team in technical skill, educational growth, professionalism, and teamwork. Facilitates continuous process improvement activities to ensure optimized, high-quality services and stewardship of resources to provide analytic support to the clinical improvement strategies of the organization. Monitors barriers to delivering high quality analytic services and recommend tools, software and training as needed. Responsible for recommending appropriate candidates to join the team and to help with prioritization and workload management as needed and scheduling coverage. The Manager will also perform all the essential functions of a Data Scientist.
- Provides leadership and management to the data science team to support the overall business and drive continuous improvement around analytic capabilities. Communicates Clinical Excellence strategic goals and initiatives for the teams and promotes team building while working to provide growth opportunities for staff.
- Provides day to day leadership and management for staff including hiring, training, performance management, scheduling and mentoring.
- Works with System Director in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Develops standard dashboards to meet all reporting metrics (quality, regulatory, incentive and penalty programs, pay for performance, clinical improvement, patient experience, key performance indicators, outcome and process) across inpatient and outpatient services.
- Educates leaders, teams, and other key stakeholders on approaches to standardize and align measurement and reporting in support of the quality improvement initiatives of the organization and external regulatory reporting.
- Develops expert understanding of key healthcare business processes, quality program requirements, measure specifications, and key business strategies to formulate appropriate study questions for analysis, identify key drivers and relationships to outcomes, identify and prioritize data needs and sources, accurately transform, cleanse, and share data utilizing appropriate software and statistical methods throughout the analytic process. Documents and reports findings in a manner that turns relevant data into insights that help inform decision making to support healthcare improvement.
- Partners with leadership to determine whether a request is amenable to an analytics solution. Recommends, develops and implements systems, procedures, and forms that enable PeaceHealth to effectively collect, manage and display data.
- Demonstrates expertise in data visualization and integrity, leading to effective understanding and improvement across PeaceHealth.
- Develops presentations, reports and dashboards for System and Community Leadership including tables, charts, and graphs to present complex data in a format that is both useful and understandable.
- Manages technical, data management, and other processes related to the flow of data in and out of vendor software, registries, and internal/external reporting systems.
- Promotes highly reliable performance measurement and reporting programs through the use of standard measurement, processes, tools and approaches, consistent interpretation of data and definitions, and adherence to rules and regulations for reporting requirements across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, Predictive Analytics or relevant field required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in analytics and/or data management.
- Minimum two years related experience in a healthcare setting; preferably hospital or health system- related.
- CPHQ preferred.
- Certified Analytics Professional or similar certification preferred.
- Coaching and performance management communication skills.
- Team facilitation and group decision making skills.
- Excellent knowledge of drivers of national quality requirements including but not limited to CMS, AHRQ and State Hospital Associations.
- Strong programming skills for pulling data, quantifying, and visualizing results.
- Expertise in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Excellent leadership skills in the areas of expertise, including project management, and prioritization.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Advanced statistical, analytical, and data integration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with proficiency in all other Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong business acumen.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.