PeaceHealth is seeking an RN - Psychiatric Unit for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation is $36.73 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- At least one year's experience with chronically mentally ill clients required or currently oriented and can provide care independently within the department, required. Or recent RN graduate (within 12 months) with less than 6 months of acute care RN experience, must be selected to participate in Nurse Residency Program.
- Recent in-patient experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in area of expertise.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current WA State Registered Nurse licensure.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
St. Joseph Medical Center – Psychiatry PPS:
- In the Psychiatry PPS department RNs will only perform a medical assessment, and will not perform the full assessment/intake on a patient unless the RN has the Mental Health Professional (MHP) certification.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 34-65% of work time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.