PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room for a Temporary, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $27.32, more depending on experience.
Temporary Assignment Pay as well as Housing and Transporation stipends.
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
Details of the Position:
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
ALASKA OPERATING ROOM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.